Phased Reopening of In-person Worship at Bethlehem
Below you will find information for our phased reopening. Plans are subject to change during this season, so check back here or on social media for the most up-to-date information.
We will continue to offer online services indefinitely so that if you are uncomfortable with returning you’ll be able to continue to worship as part of our community.
We have returned to our regular in-person worship times at 8:15 and 10:45. We will not have Sunday school for adults, youth or children or children’s church as recommended by our District and Conference leadership. Please review the safety guidelines below to insure a safe and meaningful experience of worship for all. We are limiting access to the building. The only exterior doors that will be open are (1) The main sanctuary doors (2) The gym doors for elevator access. (3) The door into the connector (between the sanctuary and the old sanctuary).
Streaming– we will continue our Facebook live service broadcast and immediately make the service available on YouTube. Streaming links are listed below.
Fish Fry: the 2020 fish fry is postponed until further notice.
Safety Guidelines for Reopening BUMC
- Stay 6 feet apart on church campus.
- Wear a face mask in the building. You may remove your face mask once you are seated if you are comfortable doing so.
- Specific pews will be designated for seating in each service and those used will be cleaned between services.
- Bibles and Hymnals will be removed from pews.
- Bulletin information will be emailed to congregation prior to worship. We will not have paper bulletins.
- There will not be a live choir or traditional passing of the peace until it is deemed safe to do so. There will not be any congregational singing until it is deemed safe to do so. Singing can project droplets up to 20 feet.
- Doors will be opened by greeters with gloves and masks.
- After worship, congregation will exit the building beginning with back rows first through the main doors. You may visit with each other outside of the building.
- If needed for distancing, overflow seating will be set up in the Old Sanctuary.
- Water fountains will not be accessible.
- Maintain social distance in restrooms.
- Youth Sunday School, Children’s Sunday School and Children’s Church will be suspended until it is determined safe to resume. The nursery will also be closed at this time.
- Adult Sunday School classes will not meet in person on campus until it is determined safe to do so. Adult Sunday School classes may continue with Zoom (or other online format) classes.
Live-streaming links to Sunday morning worship, posted at 10:00 AM.
For now the live-stream will be available on Facebook. Services will be made available on YouTube following the service.
- To watch on Facebook – Visit the Bethlehem Facebook Page
- To watch on YouTube – Visit the Bethlehem YouTube Channel
Covid 19 information links: