Room in the Inn
Angel Tree, Christmas 2020
There are 3 groups of people that Bethlehem will be helping in 2020 for the Angel Tree: Bridges Domestic Violence Center, Burns Tabernacle Primitive Baptist Church and Bethlehem’s Room in the Inn guests. If you have any questions about adopting an angel, please contact Lisa McIntyre
Flowers for 2021
Live-streaming links to Sunday morning worship.
The live-stream is available on Facebook. Services will be made available on YouTube following the service.
Phased Reopening of In-person Worship at Bethlehem
Below you will find information for our phased reopening. Plans are subject to change during this season, so check back here or on social media for the most up-to-date information.
We will continue to offer online services indefinitely so that if you are uncomfortable with returning you’ll be able to continue to worship as part of our community.
We have returned to our regular in-person worship times at 8:15 and 10:45. Sunday school for adults, youth or children and children’s church meetings vary. Follow up with the church or your Sunday school leader to learn more. Please review the safety guidelines below to insure a safe and meaningful experience of worship for all. We are limiting access to the building. The only exterior doors that will be open are (1) The main sanctuary doors (2) The gym doors for elevator access. (3) The door into the connector (between the sanctuary and the old sanctuary).
Streaming– we will continue our Facebook live service broadcast and immediately make the service available on YouTube. Streaming links are listed above.
Safety Guidelines for Reopening BUMC
- Stay 6 feet apart on church campus.
- Wear a face mask in the building. You may remove your face mask once you are seated if you are comfortable doing so.
- Specific pews will be designated for seating in each service and those used will be cleaned between services.
- Bibles and Hymnals have been removed from pews.
- Bulletin information will be emailed to congregation prior to worship. We will not have paper bulletins. [update: we are printing bulletins, but not re-using them]
- There will not be a live choir or traditional passing of the peace until it is deemed safe to do so. There will not be any congregational singing until it is deemed safe to do so. Singing can project droplets up to 20 feet.
- Doors will be opened by greeters with gloves and masks.
- After worship, congregation will exit the building beginning with back rows first through the main doors. You may visit with each other outside of the building.
- If needed for distancing, overflow seating will be set up in the Old Sanctuary.
- Water fountains will not be accessible.
- Maintain social distance in restrooms.
- Youth Sunday School, Children’s Sunday School and Children’s Church will be suspended until it is determined safe to resume. The nursery will also be closed at this time. [update: youth Sunday school and children’s church are meeting]
- Adult Sunday School classes will not meet in person on campus until it is determined safe to do so. Adult Sunday School classes may continue to meet remotely. [update: many adult classes are meeting at alternate times or locations. Check with your class about details.]
Covid 19 information links: