To help 6th through 12th graders develop into mature, committed disciples of Jesus Christ by providing programs and relationships that help them grow in key areas and by supporting their families.
- 9:30-10:30 am – Sunday School in the Youth Lounge beneath the Sanctuary. We meet there for general check-ins and announcements, then break into middle school and high school groups for a lesson and discussion. This time is heavily focused on teaching and studying the Bible.
- 5:00-7:30 pm – Youth Group – This time consists of dinner, games, worship, announcements, and a lesson together. We then break up into small groups for intentional discussion. This time is meant to serve as a place where Youth can grow closer to God and to one another through meaningful conversation and fellowship.
- 7:30-8:00pm – Youth Choir -No musical knowledge needed! We primarily sing contemporary praise and worship music, and love to give student musicians the opportunity to play! However, we do not rehearse every week. Please consult the calendar or contact Sarah Jennings for practice dates.
- 6:30-7:30 pm – Wednesday Gathering – This time is to provide Youth with an intentional time for fellowship, strengthening old friendships while also making new ones. Each evening begins with a short devotional, followed by a fun activity. Typical activities for a Wednesday evening include packing care packages for the church college students, baking cookies for our prison ministry, or playing glow in the dark kickball.
Sunday Night Dinners
Thanks to Michele Kirkpatrick, our youth dinner coordinator, we now have a new online sign up available for the upcoming youth dinners. Just click here and you can sign up. This is an automated system and it will help notify you when you have dinner and also allows you to post what you may bring so that everyone can see what was served in the weeks before their turn.
Students are given a great variety of mission opportunities.
- The first Wednesday of each month we partner with Franktown Open Hearts for a joint Bible Study. Franktown Open Hearts is a ministry that reaches out to the inner city youth of Franklin, TN, “by ‘being Jesus’ in their lives and teaching them critical life skills.” Each month we alternate locations, switching between Franktown and Bethlehem. Consult the calendar or contact Sarah Jennings for the location of the next Bible Study.
- Each summer we provide the opportunity for students to participate in at least one mission experience out of the state. Locations of previous mission trips include New Orleans, LA and Savannah, GA.
- Bethlehem hosts its own mission experience in the summer called River of Life in which churches from in and out of state come to serve in the Greater Nashville area.
- During the summer, youth participate in Mission Mondays, a weekly service project within the Greater Nashville area. Previous opportunities include serving at Feed America First, Love on Wheels, Harvest Hands, and Siloam Family Health Center
Please feel free to contact us with any questions. We are always seeking to know how we can better serve our youth and their families.
Sarah Jennings, Director of Youth Ministries
Steve Stone, Director of Youth Ministries
Fall Harvest Retreat 2016